Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Top 10 things your cat is telling you.

There are Dog people and there are Cat people.  Much has been written about the differences and similarities.  Dog people crave loyalty and unconditional love while cat people enjoy convenience and independence.  I am a cat person myself.  When a cat likes you, they like you and it doesn't matter if you like it or not.  In my lifetime of living with cats I've figured out a few things about how they are talking to you.  Being the intelligent creatures they are, Cats will communicate with you in any number of ways and to tell you the truth, they think it's very stupid of you not to understand what they are saying.


10.  Hey, what's going on in here? - This is usually signified by the cat in question either opening a closed door, or by arms reaching out from underneath the door.  Generally it's asked because it believes you are withholding food.  Which you are.





9.  THIS is not what you are eating - When you give a cat a little bit of what you are eating it will sometimes sniff it and look up at you and then at your food with ears 1/2 turned back as if to say 'Hey buster, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.  THIS is not what YOU were eating, now pony up fast or there will be trouble.




8.  I'll go when I'm good and ready - You open a door or window for the cat to go out or come in and they would really be happier if you just stood there and waited for a long time.









7.  **** you.  -  When a cat is kind of mad at you and they are walking away from you, you will see their tail jerk up in the air a couple of times.  This is the feline equivalent of flipping you the bird.  It's pretty rude, but they know that already.  That's the point.









6.  Man oh Man this is the life. -  When the cat is very satisfied with life and everything else they will glance in your direction and give you the 1/2 slow blink.  This is cat for 'you have done well my servant, now depart before you disturb my delicate disposition.





5.  I don't feel so good - hairball on the couch affecting as many cushions as possible, not on the linoleum, not on the carpet or anywhere else it would be easy to clean.  plop, right there on the couch.








4.  My paws look so huge right now! - Katnip cat is a thing to behold.  any feline on this kitty krack is a new and improved whacko.  But very funny to watch.  Then when they come down off of that, it's amazing how comfy they get.





3.  HOLY CRAP what is that behind you?!?  - A little known fact is that cats can see ghosts.  Right behind you.  Right now.  They can see them.  They are trying to warn you.  PSYCH!










2.  If I push this far enough it makes a funny noise - Cat on the counter gently pushing any cup full of anything over the edge.  why?  because cats don't have opposable thumbs, that's why and it kind of makes them mad.








1.  I really like you no matter how stupid you are - That loving bonk right into the leg or on the face is a sure sign that your cat is forgiving you for being human.








Short but sweet, my cat told me my blogs are too long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Regis, this is one of your all time greats.....me being a cat person, too, and all.....good job..

Dave Hestand